It’s the end of the school year and that means I’m looking for an easy recipe to help us get through the busiest time of the year! Programs, meetings, performances, and athletic events have us super busy and I needed a recipe that was easy, family-friendly and something I could feel good about.
This recipe is keto-friendly and gives you a super flavorful dish seasoned by Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker. Hidden Valley Ranch knew exactly what we needed with this new product. You can shake the seasoning right onto your dish, or measure it out as I do in this Keto Chicken Thighs recipe. There are so many unique ways to incorporate the seasoning into meals for your family. I love that it easy and helps me make flavorful, simple meals that my family loves.
I needed a quick meal and made this Keto Chicken Thighs recipe. I was finishing the new illustrated version of Harry Potter with my kids and needed a quick recipe that I could get together so I could get back to reading. A rainy day kept us off the soccer fields that night so we took advantage of the reading time in hopes that we could finish the book and watch the movie. We finished the book, popped in the DVD, and enjoyed these Keto Chicken Thighs. My only mistake? I should have made a double batch! It was such a hit, the kids were asking for seconds.
Yes, you need this recipe for the ease of seasoning with this new Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker and because it is such a perfect weeknight, feel-good recipe! Read all the details about the recipe below!
I know you are so excited about the new Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker, all the details about the product including ordering online is available on the Hidden Valley Ranch website. Hidden Valley Ranch wanted me to see how easy and tasty this new seasoning shaker is and invited me to try one of their recipes and share it with my readers.
Start this recipe with bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. Pat the chicken thighs with paper towels and then they are ready for the ranch seasoning!
Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker is packed with a delicious blend of herbs and spices which brings big, zesty flavor to amplify all types of foods, including these chicken thighs. The new Seasoning Shaker is super handy to keep right on your kitchen counter next to the stove. For this recipe, we are using two teaspoons of the ranch seasoning. I measure the teaspoons and then shake it right over the chicken.
These fried slices of garlic add to the flavors of this Keto Chicken Thighs recipe. Just a splash of Olive Oil and four cloves of garlic! Cook for about a minute until the garlic is fragrant and remove the garlic from the pan and set aside.
Then add the chicken thighs skin-side down in the pan. It takes about six minutes for the skin to get nice and browned. Flip the chicken over, add the garlic back to the pan, and pop in the oven! Once the chicken reaches 165 degrees internal temp (about 15 minutes), you can serve! Once the chicken is out of the oven, I like to add fresh greens like spinach or arugula and it soaks up all that yummy garlic-infused olive oil!
and get it on your meal plan today!
Tools and Products for Making Keto Chicken Thighs
- A cast iron skillet is affordable and a super useful tool for this recipe.
- The Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker now has a permanent spot on my kitchen counter next to my stovetop. This is where I store all my favorite oils and spices. You can find all the details about the new seasoning shaker on the Hidden Valley Ranch website.
- A good set of tongs will help you turn the chicken thighs when you are crisping up the chicken
- I have this really great garlic sleeve that I use that you slip in the garlic clove, roll it on the counter a bit and the husk comes right off the garlic!
Tips for Making Keto Chicken Thighs
- Use fresh garlic. The recipe calls for four cloves which is a good amount and I would love to add even more because I love how they taste after frying and when I mix them with fresh greens
- Purchase bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs. Patting the chicken dry, does help with searing the chicken.
- Love Hidden Valley Ranch as much as I do? Check out their website for more recipes or try some of my other ranch seasoned recipes, like my Chicken Bacon Ranch Burgers, Baked Ham Sandwiches, and my Instant Pot Taco Soup.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F
- On a cutting board pat dry the chicken thighs, then season with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker and black pepper on both sides.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet warm the olive oil over low to medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove the garlic from the pan and set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium to medium-high. Place the chicken thighs skin-side down into the skillet, then sear for until the skin is crisp and golden brown (about 5-6 minutes). Turn the chicken over, then return the garlic to the pan.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast on oven middle rack until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (about 14-15 minutes).
Click here for the details on where to purchase the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker
Once cooked, I like to toss the chicken with mixed greens like Arugula and Spinach.