Grilled Bacon and Pimento Cheese Sandwiches recipe made simple with buttery Texas Toast and served with Tomato Soup.
These Grilled Bacon Pimento Cheese Sandwiches are a welcome break when meal planning feels boring and you just need an easy weeknight meal. The creamy pimento and bacon spread is easy to assemble with just a few ingredients and packed inside buttery Texas Toast with a slice of melty mozzarella cheese. Fry these sandwiches up and serve with tomato soup and you have an easy weeknight meal that the adults and kids will love.
I love making grilled cheese sandwiches as a weeknight meal. It’s a perfect way to feel like you made something homemade without too much effort. I originally shared this recipe on the Taylor House where I share simple recipes that the whole family will love. With this Grilled Bacon Pimento Cheese Sandwich, the star ingredient is this Pimento Spread. Pimentos are sweet cherry peppers and most known as the stuffing inside green olives, but you can also buy them separately packed in small jars. Look for pimentos near the pickles and olives in your local grocery store.
We are going to get this cream cheese mixture combined with salt, garlic powder and cooked bacon pieces (also available near the salad dressing area of your local grocery store). There will be extra pimento spread so get yourself some crackers because you’ll want to snack on this while you fry the grilled cheese sandwiches.
Once you have the pimento spread made you are going to tuck it inside buttery Texas Toast. Here’s what I love about using Texas Toast, especially for a weeknight meal: no fuss. Seriously, it is already buttered with garlic seasoning no messing around buttering bread, it is already done for you. You can find Texas Toast in the freezer aisle of your grocery store. I let it defrost and assemble the sandwiches.
You want to keep the heat low enough to slowly fry the sandwiches but high enough to get the middle melted.
Serve these Grilled Bacon Pimento Cheese Sandwiches with my Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup for a perfectly easy weeknight meal the whole family will love.
If you love grilled cheese sandwiches, you’ll love my Pot Roast Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. An easy way to use up Pot Roast leftovers and also made with Texas Toast.
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (softened or use whipped cream cheese)
- 4 ounces Diced Pimentos
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Real Bacon Bits/ Cooked Chopped Bacon Pieces
- 8 slices Mozzarella Deli-Style Cheese Slices
- 8 slices Texas Toast
- In a medium-sized bowl, with a small hand mixer, combine cream cheese, diced pimentos, salt and garlic powder. Once combined, add bacon pieces.
- Heat greased skillet over low heat.
- Spread the bacon pimento mixture on four slices of Texas Toast (about ¼ cup of spread per slice) and top each piece with two slices of mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining toast. There will be leftover Bacon Pimento spread.
- No need to butter the Texas toast, just fry in the pan until cheese melts and toast is browned. You want to keep the heat low enough to slowly fry the sandwiches but high enough to get the middle melted.