As you start your first day of school, this is what I want you to know, my Kindergarten girl.
1. You know what is better than beautiful? Being adventurous, confident, funny, brave and kind.
2. Be yourself without fear. You know what is cool? Having passion and following your dreams.
3. Rainbow goes with everything. Really.
4. Learn about the great women in your family and in our world. They paved the way for everything you will do and be in your life.
5. You belong. When someone tells you that you don’t belong, move away fast from those people and the situation, those people and situation are wrong for you.
6. Eat your lunch. It helps you learn and your mom worries you are eating corn dogs and pudding cups. Can you please eat something green?
7. Check out as many library books as your teacher will let you.
9. Be compassionate. It’s easy to be kind to your friends but be sympathetic to everyone.
10. Say thank you to your teacher. For everything. Every day. This person is investing in you with no expectation for anything in return, except that you succeed.
11. Run during recess. Run fast and hard. Then do the monkey bars. Move your body, shake out your sillies.
12. Don’t be afraid of bullies. When you see someone being hurt or teased, help them.
Shine bright, be brave and speak kindly, sweet girl.
Mom loves you to the moon and back.