It’s almost New Year’s Eve and you’re looking for an easy but really good appetizer right that will wow everyone, right? Here it is! This is a recipe for my Red Gold Tomatoes Baked Brie. This is a hearty appetizer, so its great to serve at an event like New Year’s Eve when guests tend to consume many cocktails and need something hearty to absorb the drinks.
The appetizer is basically a marriage between French and Italian flavors-melding brie with the taste of chicken parmesan, all sandwiched in a delicious pastry. Red Gold Tomatoes are essential for this recipe as they really give the appetizer a fresh tomato taste and stay true to the Italian flavors we are going for with this recipe.
Stressed for time? Need to get your hair done, stop at the liquor store, pick up favors? No problem, this appetizer can be made in the crock-pot and then you can bring it right to the party!
This is also the last day to enter my Red Gold Tomatoes Prize Pack Give Away!
The contest ends today, December 30, 2011 at 11:59pm.
Here’s the many ways you can enter:
▪ Leave a comment below this blog post
▪ Tweet about this contest and include a link to this recipe and mention @diningwithalice
▪ Retweet one of my tweets about this recipe or contest
▪ Follow @Diningwithalice on Twitter
▪ Become a fan of my Facebook Fan Page-http://www.facebook.com/diningwithalice
▪ Comment or like this post on my Facebook Fan page
▪ If you have a blog or news digest, write a post about my contest or recipe with a link to this page and let me know about it!
Have a safe and wonderful New Year’s Eve!
2 packages Crescent Rolls (Garlic Butter flavor)
1lb Brie with rind
2 Chicken Breasts (cooked, parmesan coated if available)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes (drained)
In an oven safe container greased with non-stick spray, wrap first roll of dough on bottom and up the sides, then place in brie. Top with cooked chicken and Italian seasoning, then Red Gold Tomatoes. Cover with remaining dough.
Place container inside a crock-pot and bake on high for 3 hours or bake in an oven at 350 for 25 minutes or until browned.